You Know ?
Most oral health conditions are largely preventable by adopting Lifestyle and BehaviORAL approaches. For instance, the healthy human saliva itself contains essential substances important for immune regulation, lubrication and maintenance of the oral flora or symbiosis.
But this news comes with its own Terms & Condition i.e. We need to ensure that we maintain the good bacteria while destroying the bad bacteria. But how do we do that ?
We finally have a Solution!!
THE EVOLUTIONARY MAGIC OF
Who is this Evolutionary Magician?
Lactoferrin, is a lesser known endogenous protein with heroic properties.
Power behind the Evolutionary Magic
This multifunctional protein has enchanted properties like antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory.
- Lactoferrin has a high capacity to bind with iron. So, it snatches the iron away from harmful bacterial body thus destroying their structure by depriving them of essential nutrients and in turn preventing the growth of harmful bacteria.
- It specially promotes the growth of bacteria with low iron requirements such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria which are beneficial to body.
Humble Source to
- Human body receives Lactoferrin, originally from mother’s milk. The other primary source of Lactoferrin is bovine milk.
- Mother’s milk is one of the major protein present in human breast milk and is one of the reasons that helps infants absorb iron from breast milk.
- Infact, the first milk after the baby’s birth, which is called “colostrum”, contains 7 times higher levels of Lactoferrin than the milk produced later.
- Colostrum helps to create the immune system of a baby.
- The extra iron that the infant doesn’t absorb, gets attached to Lactoferrin and prevents harmful bacteria from growing in the baby.
Other than colostrum, human body doesn’t get access to such a rich source of Lactoferrin which is one of the primary contributors to immunity and it depletes from the body with ageing and due to diseases.
- Salivary Lactoferrin plays a crucial role in protecting the oral cavity against several oral pathogens including Aggregatibacter, actinomycetemcomitans and Streptococcus mutans
- It has a very pivotal role in maintenance of oral homeostasis and health and hygiene.
- However, human Saliva has just 0.008 mg/ml of Lactoferrin. Then too it acts as a defender against oral microbes, fighting hard not only to stop the growth of bacteria but also in killing them. But at times, this is not enough.
Hence, wth the support of Lactoferrin based Dente91, the saliva’s defensive power are multiplied that helps fight various bacteria responsible for grave oral and other diseases.